Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Bring your digital creations to life... with 3D Printing!
How to Get Started:
Drop by the Dallas College Eastfield Campus Learning Commons (L-200) and talk to library staff about our 3D printing service.
What to expect:
- Have your 3D object file (STL format) available on a USB drive.
- If a qualified staff member is available, they will review the file and discuss cost and other factors before adding you to the print queue. If qualified staff is unavailable, you can provide information about your print job to the desk staff and someone will get back to you.
- Cost of a print job is 10 cents per gram of material with a $1.00 minimum.
- Once your print job is completed, staff will contact you and arrange for pick-up.
- Print jobs will only be held for up to 2 weeks after completion.
If you have questions about 3D printing at the Dallas College Eastfield Campus Learning Commons, please contact librarian and 3D Printing Coordinator, Jason Moore.
- Maximum Build Size: 8.8 x 8.8 x 8.1 inches
- Material available for printing: PLA (Poly Lactic Acid)
- Printer: Ultimaker 2+
- Single color printing only
- Acceptable file format: STL