Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Read and become familiar with the bulleted list on this link
If you have any additional questions about what to do in an emergency please contact:
CERT Certified Library Staff
Norman Howden Ext: 2175
Staff Assistant (vacant) Ext: 2294
Luisa Hernandez Ext: 2056
Zachary Richardson Ext: 2180
Josy Thomas Ext: 2428
Where do I direct students in an emergency?
Emergency Tips for limited Mobility
Where are the emergency kits?
The Emergency Kits are located on the bottom shelf of the circulation counter by the light switches.
Where are the fire extinguishers?
1st Floor of the Library (2nd floor of B building)
- Left of room B206 inside “FIRE EXTINGUISHER” cabinet.
- Right of light switches behind Circulation Desk
2nd Floor of the Library (3rd floor of B building)
- Right of the library’s 2nd floor Elevator Door inside “FIRE EXTINGUISHER” cabinet.
- Left of the library’s 2nd floor men’s room inside “FIRE EXTINGUISHER” cabinet.
How to Use a Fire Extinguisher
To use a fire extinguisher, follow the acronym P.A.S.S.
- Pull the pin.
- Aim the nozzle at the base of the fire.
- Squeeze the trigger while the nozzle is pointed at the base of the fire.
- Sweep the nozzle from side to side until the fire is put out.